Your local pub, your favourite restaurant, your children’s schools all have one thing in common – Brakes. There are a lot of hungry mouths to feed out there so it’s a good job our amazing drivers deliver over 1.5 million items to thousands of restaurants, pubs, hotels, schools, hospitals and care homes in every corner of the UK, proud to play their part in feeding the nation.
You’re not ordinary, and neither are our drivers. As our response to Covid-19 proved, Brakes drivers are the best of the best. They don’t just drive, they are great with their customers too and totally dedicated to keeping the nation fed by delivering orders with care whilst sorting out any issues along the way.
It’s a vital role, and it can be hard work, but a Brakes driver makes it look easy!
The Role Includes
- Accurate picking on vehicle and delivery of customer orders
- Collecting monies
- Maintaining product temperatures
- Vehicle checks to ensure roadworthiness and compliance with VOSA
- Compliance with Health and Safety (SSOW), hygiene and other related legislation
- Drivers licence
- Extensive road knowledge
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- The knowledge and initiative to solve basic problems and make routine decisions
- The ability to complete paperwork in an orderly fashion
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- Ambition to become a HGV2 driver in the future through our driver development programme
You’ll live and breathe Customer First, and you’ll enjoy working as part of a bigger team with a dedicated focus on results. You will be resilient – able to stay positive in difficult situations and you will naturally embrace an inclusive working environment and be committed to doing the right thing.
What You’ll Get
- Competitive salary
- Huge discount on all sorts of lovely food
- Generous holiday allowance, with option to purchase more
- Recognition awards and Incentives
- Free parking and subsidized canteens
- We’re part of Sysco – the Global leader in selling, distributing and marketing food products – so the opportunities really are endless!
- …and much more!
There’s a lot on offer, so what are you waiting for?
Bring your whole self to work. #BelongAtBrakes
At Brakes we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that celebrates and values diversity. We don’t want you to ‘fit’ our culture, we want you to help define it.
All job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
FEED YOUR AMBITION. DELIVER YOUR FUTURE