Inviting applications for the role of Assistant Manager – Transportation – Johannesburg
This position will need to improve current business practices and develop working relationships with business partners in the delivery of management approaches.
The objective is to support the current existing & improvements with the customer company and occupies a pivotal role in the execution of transportation plans and strategies.
They are directly responsible for the order once in TMS through shipment delivery to the customer; including mode selection, load optimization, routing guide compliance, and shipment plan execution, Collaborate with the Genpact transitions functions to enable the setup of client’s supply chain operations at Genpact.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Planning Shipments while meeting/exceeding service delivery and cost goals:
- Consolidation of LTL Shipments (analysis required on load by load basis)
- Multi Stop Shipments
- Door to Door Shipments
- Customer Pickup planning
- Daily management of the Sailing Schedule
- Pulling orders forward to meet payload goals for both primary and secondary network
- Floating orders to meet available capacity where necessary.
- Revisiting shipments to add on volume.
- Scheduling using Different Equipment Types (analysis required on load by load basis)
- Attending Expedite/Short Lead Time/ MOQ to build solutions for customers without cost-in.
- Partner alignment and teamwork activities
- critical metric Monitoring and Root Cause Analysis
- Data gathering, performance issue identification and resolution
- Team handling and partner management
- Demonstrates problem solving skills and working under tight timelines; multi-tasking abilities; exception based management capability.
- Ability to balance priorities across multiple internal and external partners
- Ability to learn new systems quickly and use systems and information to influence others
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in Transportation / Logistics / Supply Chain / Distribution
- Working knowledge of any of the ERP & TMS systems like SAP, OTM, etc.
- Effective communication skill
- Agility in decision-making
- Team Management experience
- Client management skills to build trust-based relationships (handling structured and unstructured conversations, ability to understand client’s cultural nuances and flexing Genpact content accordingly, maneuver between setting realistic client expectations – better than competition – within internal Genpact constraints)
- Ability to work in a matrix reporting relationships and global environment
- Validated ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, schedule driven, team oriented environment
- Proactive person with an eye for detail and passion for improving existing processes
What can we offer?
- Attractive salary
- Stable job offers – employment contract
- Work in a multicultural and diverse environment with employees from over 30 countries
- Genpact supports professional trainings and great career development opportunities
- Free access to our award-winning learning platform
- Benefits such as Medical Aid, Retirement and risk benefits
In case Genpact does not respond to your application within 30 days, please consider it was not successful for the current recruitment process for this role.
Genpact is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Genpact is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation. For more information, visit www.genpact.com.