Bergrivier Municipality with its head office in Piketberg and approximately an hour’s drive from Cape Town currently has the vacancy position of a Supervisor or Driver to be filled.
- Grade 10
- Code C1 driving license
- Proficiency in at least 2 of the official languages of the Western Cape
- (isiXhosa/ English/ Afrikaans – Speak, Read, Write)
- High level of responsibility
- Ability to give attention to detail
- Good supervision, human relations, interpersonal and communication skills
- One (1) year’s relevant experience of the key performance areas
Key Performance Areas:
- Performs tasks/activities at the Depot prior to and on completion of allocated maintenance assignments
- Monitors and controls procedural applications associated with the maintenance of parks, cemeteries, sports grounds and facilities
- Executes specific applications associated with the maintenance of public swimming pools
- Monitoring the maintenance of sport fields and the cleaning of drainage systems
- Supervises and controls the activities of personnel and associated tasks
- Performs specific tasks associated with the operation of vehicles during maintenance activities
- Co-ordinates specific administrative and reporting requirements
- Monitors and supervises utilization, application and maintenance of machinery, equipment, tools and material to ensure optimal work performance
- Incumbent must be physically fit and able bodied
- Required to work in all weather conditions
- Incumbent are required to work outside of normal working hours during emergencies and planned overtime
- Must be able to perform duties in the whole area of the municipality when required
- Ensure constant compliance with occupational health and safety issues and procedures.
Salary: R231 204.00 per annum (T10 of a Category 3 Local Authority)
Date of acceptance: 01 July 2021 or as soon as possible
Enquiries: Mr D Carolissen at (022) 913 6000
- A service bonus equivalent to one month’s salary, where applicable, will be payable and be supplemented by the normal benefits
applicable to the Municipality including a housing allowance for home owners subject to certain conditions.
- The Municipality is an equal opportunity employer and respects the conditions of the Employment Equity Act, preference will be given to
candidates who comply with the Employment Equity Targets.
- The Municipality is not bound to make any appointment.
- All applicants will be subjected to police clearance with the concent of the applicant.
- Applications received after the closing date or which have been received without the documentation mentioned below, will not be
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interviews. Applicants can regard their applications as being unsuccessful if no feedback
has been received within six weeks from the closing date.
- Canvassing of any councillor and/or member of the Appointment Committee and/or any personnel member of the Municipality will not be
allowed and will immediately disqualify applicants.
- In addition to the minimum job requirements and station mentioned herein, applicants may be expected to work overtime or be on standby,
as well as render services in other parts within the municipal area, as required.
- Appointment in certain posts is subject to a security clearance and applicants will also undergo an interview and evaluation process and
where necessary, write a trade test.
A covering letter with three contactable references, must accompany the completed prescribed application form (available on request at Tel. 0229136000 or on the municipality’s website www.bergmun.org.za) with certified copies of the necessary qualification certificates, ID document,Drivers Licence and a Curriculum Vitae (Maximum of 3 pages), (only one post per application form) to reach the Municipal offices, Piketberg or
mailed to P O Box 60, Piketberg 7320 for the attention of Mrs W Terry Thomas (Human Resources Officer: Provisioning and
Administration) by no later than the closing date.
NO FAXES OR ELECTRONIC APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
This Post Has 6 Comments
I have EC drivers license with available pdp, and 3 experience, I would like to take opportunity to apply for this vacancy
Phone No: 0766147099
I have code 10 with pdp more then three years can do other stuff like driving forklift,storemam ex my Tel number is 0633390864 I’m immediately available
I have code 10 with PDP .I have more than 4 years experience
now am looking for job as driver
Good day i have code 14 am from Lesotho I have 8 years living in Cape Town do i qualify for the job?
I have code 10 an pdp
I have driver license code 10 with pdp .and i have 4 years experience. I wish to receive my application