Security Officer (Ref No 3578/ 4512) needed in an institution immediately.
- National Senior Certificate/ Grade 12 (NQL 4). Must
- Valid Grade B PSIRA accredited security training certificate.
- National Diploma in Security Risk management/ Policing/ Bachelor Laws or related security degree. an added advantage
- Minimum Of 2 – 5 Years’ Relevant Supervisory Experience.
- Higher Education Sector security experience. an added advantage.
- Must be physical fit.
- Computer Certificate. An added advantage
- Required to work irregular hours, including after hours and weekends.
- Driver’s license. an added advantage.
- Must have clean criminal record.
Key Performance Areas/Core Functions
- Communicated effectively with all clients with regards to Protection Services through encounters at -their different deployments.
- Assist and ensure compliance with the UFH Alice, Bhisho and East London campuses safety and security regulations and standard operating procedures.
- Ensure that crime, incidents and information are attended to at all times.
- Ensure that crime information received is reported to the Control Room and necessary documents are completed before end of shift.
- The daily delivery of a safe and security at UFH Alice, Bisho and East London campuses community by executing daily patrols and access control.
- Ensure compliance of service providers deployed at the access points – reporting any deviations.
- Effective alarm management.
- Conduct access control function(s) effectively.
- Regular consistent radio and telephone communication.
- Effective incident management.
- Ensure that all faults and deviations reported timeously.
- Efficient locking and unlocking of buildings.
- To ensure that physical crime prevention measures are conducted within regulations and policy directives
- Ensure adherence and compliance on service level agreements between protection services and relevant stakeholders including overseeing outsource security services.
- Compliance to allocated functions from the disaster management plan to ensure immediate response to relevant disasters
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders an incident response and management plan of catastrophic incidences
- Ensuring the protection of university property and life against fire hazards and other safety risks.
To apply: Interested applicants who meet the criteria are invited to apply for the opportunity by loading necessary documents.
No faxes or walk-ins (hard copies) will be accepted.