South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) is a social welfare organization that provides social assistance to eligible South African citizens.
Find out about everything relating to Sassa Status Check, Sassa srd and online application as well as Sassa payment dates.
SASSA administers five social grants, which are means-tested and cover basic needs such as food, clothing, and shelter.
These grants are: the Child Support Grant, the Foster Care Grant, the Care Dependency Grant, the Disability Grant, and the Old Age Pension.
SASSA also provides other services such as support for victims of domestic violence and disaster relief.
The agency was established in April 2004, and is responsible for the administration and payment of social grants to over 17 million grant recipients.
Sassa Online Application
- Go to srd.sassa.gov.za
- Scroll to the ‘How do I apply for this SRD Grant’ section
- Click on the yellow bar which says ‘click here to apply online’
- Enter your mobile number
- Click “send sms”
- Then enter the one time pin that Sassa has sent to the number
- Continue the application process by filling in the steps required by Sassa
How to Apply for Sassa SRD on Whatsapp
- Save this number 082 046 8553 as a contact on your phone
- Go on WhatsApp and send a message saying ‘hi’ to this number
- You will then receive a response and you should then respond saying ‘help’
- You will be given various options, reply saying ‘4’
This will lead you to the Unathi Sassa platform message which you should reply ‘SRD’ to
- You then have to confirm whether you’re applying for yourself or someone else
Now the actual application begins and you’ll have to submit your name, surname and ID number in the message.
- You will then receive a message on Whatsapp stating the next steps.
Once you’ve submitted your application, you can check your application status via whatsapp. Follow these simple steps, Go to the official website and check or add 082 046 8553 as a contact,
Open your platform and refresh your contacts, Open a chat with the (082 046 8553) number you have saved. Send a message to the number saying ‘status.’ Now you will be able to check the progress on your grant. Once your chat has been received, you will then be required to provide your ID number and the cellphone number you used.
If your Outcome indicates ‘application complete’: What this means is that the you have successfully and accurately completed your reapplication process this is in reference to the new batch of applicants that were accepted in starting in august.
The next face of this is that your information or details will be verified each month before you receive an sms indicating when you should be expecting the payment of your grant.
It is very important that each person must check their verification and payment status for each month on the official website as this may change.
Sassa Status Check
The South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) is responsible for the payment of social grants to eligible grant recipients. The agency has come under fire in recent years for alleged corruption and mismanagement.
As a result, the government has put in place a number of measures to improve SASSA’s operations. One such measure is the introduction of a status check system. This system allows grant recipients to check the status of their payments online.
How Do I Check My SASSA SRD Status Online (Sassa Status Check)
Follow the link Sassa Status (This link will send you directly to the web page for checking the application status) or you can as well visit the official homepage of the SRD R350 https://srd.sassa.gov.za and scroll down to the place asking you to check your status and click on that label.
- In the text boxes provided, enter the 13-digit ID number and the cell phone number that was used to apply.
- Click on the submit button and patiently wait for the page to fully load.
- On the status dashboard, the months that your application is active start with the current month.
- Click on the month you want to see its status, and a drop-down menu will show you if your application for that particular month is pending, approved, declined.
- If you are approved, check if it has a pay date. The pay date is the day your bank account or post office account will be credited. For those using a bank accounts, expect an SMS alert when the bank finally deposits the grant.
- For post office payments, applicants will have to wait for their turn using their last three digits of their ID number. Update : Post Office No Longer Paying SRD R350 Grant Payments
- If your status is currently pending, you need to wait as SASSA is still reviewing your application and a decision is yet to be taken if you still qualified.
- If your application status shows declined, a reason for the decline will be written against the decline reason section. According to SASSA, an applicant who feels his or her application was unduly declined, can appeal or apply for reconsideration within 30 days from the date of the decline.
There can be various reasons why application will be declined including :
alternative income source Identified, uif registered, nsfas registered, debtor, referred, identity verification failed etc.
With the exception of the debtor, all other decline reasons can be appealed.
How to check Sassa Srd Balance
There is no way check your sassa srd R350 balance unless you visit your bank.
For those who collect their grants payments from Post office can contact the post office either via phone or in person and your account balance will be checked for you. You only have to provide your ID number which is free of charge.
Sassa Payment Dates
SASSA is a South African social security agency that pays out grants to eligible citizens. The agency has a number of different payment dates for different types of grants, which are typically paid out on the 1st, 10th, or 20th of the month.
The South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) pays social grants to eligible recipients on specific days of the month. Here are the SASSA payment dates for 2022/2023:
- January – 31st
- February – 28th
- March – 31st
- April – 30th
- May – 29th
- June – 30th
- July – 28th
- August – 27th
- September – 30th
The most common SASSA payment dates are the 1st, 10th, and 22nd of each month, but some grants may be paid out on different days.
How to check if your bank details are verified for SASSA SRD R350 :
The first thing to do is to Visit the Sassa website
- Scroll down to where you are asked to update banking details.
- Enter your ID number that was used to submit the application.
- An SMS notification message sent to your phone number used to apply and click on the link inside the SMS
- Click on the Current Payment Option
- Check the verification tab, either verified or pending.
If verified, then all approved applications with pay dates will be paid at the said date.
If pending, then you have to wait until your bank account is verified.
- After requesting to check status of submitted bank account, you can only request again after 24 hours and the link is valid for a period of 30 minutes.
Failure to use the link within the stipulated time frame will result in the expire of the link and you will have to wait for a day.
Note also that SASSA will request for the verification of the bank account details only after the application is approved. You can also opt for your SASSA SRD R350 grant to be paid through the retail stores by choosing the post bank.
If your bank account details are nit verified within 21 days, it might the problem with the banks, as some banks may delay the request made by SASSA to access your bank account information.
SASSA has indicated that, it should take up to 10 working days (thus approximately two weeks) to complete the bank account verification process.
Why is my Sassa r350 payment pending
Your SASSA reconsideration or appeal is still pending is because it takes longer than expected to investigate the actual cause of the decline in the first place.
The independent Tribunal goes deeper than what sassa earlier did before declining the applicant.
Because of the larger size of the applicants, sometimes much is not done before deciding whether to approve or decline an applicant.
Thus why in most cases, applicants who submit their reconsideration or appeal applications see their earlier decisions overturned.
Why is my SASSA Reconsideration still Pending?
Due to this major feedback from the previous SRD R350, it is necessary to always apply for a reconsideration within the stipulated time frame.
Failing to appeal or apply for reconsideration will make the earlier decision still stand and will lead to the forfeiture of the SRD grant.
Note that if you want to check your appeal status up to March 2022, you have to use this reconsideration portal and starting from April 2022, you have to use the appeals portal.
It has to be acknowledged that, since the number of applicants who have been declined are way higher than the expected due to the new threshold of R350 for one to qualify for the grant.
According to sources close to SASSA, number of declined applicants is even higher than those who have been approved.
This in effect means that the number of applicants that are going to appeal or apply for reconsideration will be more and this, in simple terms, indicates more time needed to evaluate and investigate declined applications.
Sassa Contact Details
Postal Address: Private Bag X55662, ARCADIA, 0083
Street Address: SASSA House, 501 Prodinsa Building, cnr Steve Biko and Pretorius Street, PRETORIA
Phone: 012 400 2000
Toll free: 080 060 1011
Fax: 012 400 2257