As a SAS Programmer, you will be responsible for executing programming activities in coordination with project teams with supervision.
You will develop, create, verify/validate and maintain managing the programs for assigned projects in compliance with standard operating procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Participates in the validation of SAS programs and maintaining validation documentation.
- Familiarizes oneself with the SAS dataset structure and format catalog related to a given study.
- Familiarizes oneself with the documents associated with a given study. Such documents include (but are not limited to) edit check documents, SAS and database annotated Case Report Forms (CRFs), visit map/schedule of events, CRFs, code lists, statistical analysis plan (SAP), data management plan (DMP), clinical protocol, programming-specific documentation.
- Develops, programs and maintains: SAS edit checks and SAS edit check listings. Subject profile programming used for quality control of paper-based project databases. Data line listings as requested by the Sponsor and/or internal project teams. Clean subject programming used to identify clean subjects for a given project. Review objects and registry of SAS datasets. SAS programs used to generate random samples of subject numbers and calculate database reliability rates during the quality control of paper-based project databases. Programs that download external data received from various data sources. External data reconciliation programs. Programs that generate CRF and Query metrics. Ad-hoc Sponsor and internal programming requests.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field of study or B.S. equivalent.
- 2 years of experience in clinical research preferred.
- Possess an underlying understanding of data management practices and clinical data management systems (CDMS).
- Possess a basic understanding of the Clinical Data Interchange Standards Consortium (CDISC) domain and item names and the role of CDISC in drug development.
- Understands the sequence of running programs to ensure up-to-date data and to troubleshoot, debug programming problems and to identify data trends.
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Effective verbal and writing skills; English + local language, if relevant.
Method of Application
How to apply: Synteract South Africa
All applicants who meet the above criteria will be required to undergo job related assessments to establish suitability for placement, this includes a verification of qualifications.