Reporting to the Group Principal Health, Occupational Medical Practitioner provides subject matter expertise and best practice guidance on occupational health management (i.e. occupational hygiene and occupational medicine) to the De Beers Group of Companies.
The role is involved with assisting with Occupational Health management of policies, standards, processes and management systems to facilitate the delivery of the occupational elements of the De Beers S&SD strategy and responsible for monitoring and reporting on performance and associated risk management.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
- Monitor and report on occupational health performance to different stakeholders.
- Provide subject matter and expert input into the S&SD strategy, policy, standards, processes and targets.
- Review, Develop and communicate Disease Management program.
- Provide on site Occupational Health and Hygiene program.
- Engage with key stakeholders within the appropriate governance framework.
- Conduct Level 3-5 health incident Reviews.
- Conduct best practice identification and broad scanning activities including legislative developments.
- Provide expert leadership for De Beers on strategic occupational health issues and management of high-level occupational health risks.
Desired Experience & Qualification
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Degree qualification in occupational health / occupational hygiene / community health or a relevant Science degree acceptable for membership of a professional institution such as ICOH, IOHA, etc.
- Post graduate degree in related area and/or a business related management qualification would be preferential.
- Occupational health working experience in a large corporate.
- At least 7 years of experience in an Occupational health related role, of which at least 5 years in either consultancy or industry.
- Operational experience gained from one or more of the following sectors: mining, oil and gas, utilities; construction; logistics, power generation or heavy industrial production.
Mode of Application
How to apply: Interested and qualified? De Beer Group