Confirmation / Verification / Attestation & Interpretation Of WAEC Results In Ghana
Confirmation of Results
The West African Examinations Council does not issue duplicate certificates. The Council, however, issues certified Statement of Results which are as valid as the certificates.
The certified Statement of Results are, however, NOT issued to individual candidates or persons but rather directly to any of the following authorities only:
- Institutions of Higher Learning
- Public Bodies
- Prospective Employers (Public/Private)
- Persons requiring the Council to forward their results to any Organization/Institution must provide the following details:
- His/her name (in full as used in the examination)
- The name, month and year of the examination whose results are required by the person
- The index number(s) used in the examination(s)
- In addition the person must forward two of his/her passport-size photographs to the WAEC office where the request for the statement is made.
The passport-size photographs should be endorsed at the back by any one of the following persons who must also guarantee that the applicant is the bonafide candidate who wrote the examination:
- Head of applicant’s present/former school
- Head of a recognized educational institution
- A senior officer of the security services not below the rank of Major/Superintendent or its equivalent
- A senior public servant (Principal Executive Officer and above)
- A qualified registered medical practitioner (herbalists are not acceptable)
- A barrister/solicitor
Fee for Confirmation / Verification of Results and Related Services
Requests by individuals/organizations/institutions for statements to be issued to organizations/institutions in Ghana or outside Ghana
- Issuing of confirmed statement of results to local/foreign destinations GH¢100.00 per statement per examination (exclusive of courier/delivery services)
- Bulk confirmation of results – GH¢50.00 per statement per examination
- Bulk Verification of results – GH¢50.00 per document
- On-line verification of results for tertiary institutions and organisations – GH¢7.00 per result per candidate
- Verification of results/identity – GH¢100.00 per document
- Establishment of equivalence/interpretation of statement of results – GH¢125.00 per statement
These fees are revised from time to time and do not include courier/delivery services. All payments must be made in cash at the nearest WAEC Office or by bank draft made payable to the “West African Examinations Council” written out in full.
Payment may also be made using VISA card. Any application which is not accompanied by all the requirements will not be processed.
Application forms may be collected from the Records and Aptitude Tests Department of the Council’s Office at Accra OR any WAEC Branch Office in Ghana or downloaded at www.waecgh.org
Verification of Results
Verification of Results is NOT available to individual applicants but to organizations and institutions who want to authenticate the examination results of their prospective students and or/employees.
They are required to submit photocopies of the documents presented by the student (s)/ employee (s) to the Council. Verification can also be done online by tertiary institutions at www.waecgh.org.
The online service fee is GH¢7.00 per result per candidate.
Attestation of Results
The West African Examinations Council does not issue duplicate certificates.
The Council, however, now issues Attestation of Results which are as valid as the certificate. Users who wish could confirm the details on the document with the Council.
Attestation of Results are issued to individual candidates or persons for their possession. The Attestation must be collected personally by applicants from the offices of the Council in Accra or the regions. For the issuance of the Attestation, applicants will be required to provide the following details:
- Your Name (in full as used in the examination)
- The Name, Month and Year of Examination
- Your Index Number
- Passport photograph.
- A valid identification document.
Establishment of Equivalence
The Council also establishes equivalences and interprets certificates from different examining bodies that it has information on.
For further information on confirmation, verification and interpretation of results, contact The Deputy Registrar/Controller, Records and Aptitude Tests Department.
Telephone: +233-302 208201-9.