APPLY NOW: J-PAL/DigiFI African Scholars Opportunities 2021
J-PAL/DigiFI African Scholars Opportunities 2021: Applications are requested for funding opportunities for resident African scholars who have completed a doctoral study in economics or related field and are based in an African academic institution. The 2021 funding round also extends to non-resident African scholars in economics or related fields who are not based in an academic institution in Africa.
Resident and non-resident African scholars are eligible to apply for Proposal Development Grants up to $10,000 and Pilot Grants up to $75,000. Targeted mentorship will be provided to successful applicants. Eligible and interested applicants are encouraged to apply.
Program Sponsor(s): J-PAL and DigiFI
Program Slots: Not specified
Program Worth: See Program benefits (below)
Country Eligibility: Africans
J-PAL/DigiFI African Scholars Opportunities 2021 | ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
To be eligible for the J-PAL/DigiFI African Scholars Opportunities 2021:
- Resident African scholars applicants must be holders of a PhD in economics or related fields and are based in an African academic institution.
- Non-resident African scholars applicants must have completed high school in Africa and be holders of a PhD in economics or related fields and are based in an academic institution outside of Africa.
- Applicants must demonstrate strong academic and research abilities evident in their academic publications.
- Applicants must be willing to abide by the guidelines governing the conduct of scholars accepted into the program.
- Successful African scholars will be required to submit a letter from their mentor prior to the disbursement of the funds.
- Up to $10,000 Proposal Development Grants.
- Up to $75,000 Pilot Grants
- J-PAL Micromasters course
- DigiFI African Scholar webinar series
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the J-PAL/DigiFI African Scholars Opportunities 2021 are to visit the official website for more details.
Application Deadline: 22 February 2021